Tuesday, August 23, 2005

along the week...

After a full Saturday of eating... I woke up early on Sunday.. early as in 5:00 a.m. - to get ready and head over to Rochester. Trying to get over to Pete's before 7:00 a.m. so that we could all make it for the 7:30 a.m. mass at St. Joseph's church in Greece, NY. Grandpa Mario called for a memorial mass for Pete's late grandma Mary. I never had the chance to meet her.. but I hear a lot about her from Nancy and Peter. All the cooking, arts & crafts and things we could have done.. dearly missed by us all.

I hung out at Pete's for a bit more before I headed back to Buffalo for a lazy sunday evening of lazing and watching dvds. Chele and I saw the Wedding Date - can't help it! We love Debra Messing and Dermot Mulroney... plus, Michael Bublé sings a couple of songs in the movie :D

Monday was a real busy day at work... heck.. this entire week will be a crazy week at work. Orientation for international student begins and I am flocked with finalizing student's admisisons, last minute applications, late arrivals, and all type of weird cases. I am so thankful that we have a very supportive and hard working group of people in IA.

To kick of the hectic workload from day one of the week... Amy, Marie and I continued on to lesson #2 in ballroom dancing. This time we did the Cha Cha and further improved our Tango. It was pleasant and relaxing not doing work and just trying to make sure you get your footwork right. We can't wait to absorb more new dance combinations seing we got out basic down!

Got back home and Alex and Ray was hanging out with the girls and Ying Ye - Sharon's friend visiting from MN. Last chance to hang out with the boys before they head east to Syracuse for the State Fair. Bade my farewell and see you agains to Alex and Ray... have to head back to TX to see Alex and to NYC to see Ray.. in the near future that is.

page01hd_03

Another intense day at work today... but we all survived. We always do.... thank goodness! There was also a reception at the Center for the Arts welcoming new international students and I met a couple of students with whom I have been helping and communicating with over their admission. It's nice to know that they all arrived in UB alright and are already getting themselves situated and ready for classes to commence. Not only was I able to assist them in some ways, I also found new friends in then :)

And so here I am... on a Tuesday night.. home alone - Chele left for NYC this afternoon for meetings till Thursday evening. I am finally updating this blog of mine while watching reruns of Sex in the City... and now to bed I will go.

Really need to catch up on those ZzzZzzs..... ;P

No comments: