Friday, January 28, 2005

Malaysia's national dish...


So there I was... cold and rather homesick... homesick about nasi lemak.. of all things!~ So I made nasi lemak last night... Although I did not have any Banana leaves with me to 'bungkus' - wrap... I did managed to cook up nasi lemak for 6 plus 2 leftovers... and as depicted by John Ishii's picture above.. mine came really close to exactly what the picture captured.

I made nasi lemak (rice cooked with coconut milk), fried ikan bilis (anchovies) with slightly roasted and peanuts, my shrimp sambal.. with some assistance from Brahim's packet sauce mix, ayam panggang (grilled/roast chicken) with a special curry spice rub and coconut milk, don't exactly know what the name of it.. but I will call it nyonya potato sticks with peanuts courtesy from my grandma, hard boiled eggs and cucumbers!~ So, as you can imagine.. the picture really represented what I had cooked up!~ Posted by Hello

1 comment:

AF said...

*drooling buckets* :D~~