Saturday, November 26, 2005

Holiday shopping...

The day after Thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day ever in the US and the official start day of Christmas shopping and sales. Also known as Black Friday (I have no idea what the logic or history behind the term!), the stores open as early as 5:00 a.m. for a mad rush of people - kiasu bargain hunters to get their hands on anything that has been tagged as a SALE item.

I never ever made it out for Black Friday morning - the day after Thanksgiving for me is the day to relax after a previous day of full cooking, Macy's parade watching and eating. On Black Fridays, I usually have the tv channel turned on to college football games - Longhorns vs. Aggies. Longhorns win ofcourse!!:P !

This year was an exception, I actually woke the gang up at 6:00 a.m., and we all managed to get out of the door by 7.20 a.m. where the sales have already been busy in progress. Philipp wanted to get a couple of electronic stuff and we all decided to go see what the big fuss on shopping was. I guess lucky for me and Michele, we both got each other Christmas presents. So, cross her out of my shopping list! Everyone got a bit of shopping done - though there were some extreme shoppers trying to redeem their $10 coupon from selected stores before it ends at noon. They were making a bit of a ruckus at the cashier and Peter and I were next in line. People and holiday shopping craze!~

No comments: