Saturday, April 07, 2012

Anniversary dinner date...

For our anniversary dinner, I surprised husband to one of our very favorite (and the best) French restaurant in town - Tabree. We actually celebrated our third anniversary at Tabree as well but when they were in another location. Now that they moved to a closer location to where we live, I anticipate more outings there.


Being the foodie we are... we feasted ourselves minus my usual glass or two of wine in my current condition. We started with two appetizers - the foie gras over a bed of red cabbages slaw and the special appetizer of the day, the soft shelled crab with cucumber and mesclunn green side with roasted corn with a drizzle of sesame lemon vinaigrette. For our entrés, I had the lobster pappardelle, sweet peas cooked with a saffron cream sauce and Peter opted for the seared duck breast with haricot verts and a calvados sauce. .

Right before we headed in to the restaurant, we decided to opened up our cards for each other and my gift to Peter. Remember in my previous post, the supposed gift gifting etiquette for 5 years anniversary is supposed to be wood... this is what I got for Peter...

Look what I got!


I gifted Peter with a nice Wood based product - a gift box made out of paper! Nothing really sexy about the gift of wood at all ;P Now... what is in the box??

Daddy's girl for the future Dad-2-be

I just started shopping for Baby Milizia literally two days ago... and I could not resist getting this onesie for Peter. I also got this cute dress with matching cardigan for her. Let the shopping begin!
For our baby girl


Peter gave me several options for my anniversary gift... and his clue to the gift were so cheeky about how wood related it is. And yes dear friends... he is gifting me a piece of WOOD. He was really trying to keep a straight face as he reveals clues of the gift.

Things he said... 
  • it is made of all wood
  • its really hard wood
  • the best 'wood comes' from Malaysia
  • you get to 'relax' on it
So what is it??
A teak wood bench for the bathroom. I get to create a mini spa for us in our bathroom
Good to know that we are both still as silly with each other after all these year :)

No comments: