Friday, May 12, 2006

Mary's graduation...

I first met Mary in one of my very first comparative higher education class almost 2 years ago. It was her first semester at UB as a Masters Comp. High Ed. student and I was still finishing my last semester in Sociolinguistics at the Masters level. Needless to say, an amazing friendship resulted from that class which both the Kenyan and Malaysian was in and we have been inseparable in classes, conferences and going out for movies ever since.

I am so glad that Mary is staying on for her Doctorate. This means that she will still be there for me, and I for her in all the struggles we will both will face in our dissertations. This Friday morning at Center for the Arts was the graduation ceremony for all graduating students from the Graduate School of Education and here are the pictures with Mary as well as other graduating friends.

DSCN7506 DSCN7511
Congratulations on your graduation Mary!

DSCN7494 DSCN7478 DSCN7495
Tomoka and Sherene cheering on for Mary at the graduation ceremony.

DSCN7503 DSCN7500 DSCN7499 DSCN7504
Rita, Tomoka and Sherene sharing the momentous occasion with Mary. Also graduating, Tammy from Taiwan and Kazuma from Japan.
Congratulations to all the graduates!!

No comments: