Sunday, October 11, 2009

Lea Salonga

Yesterday evening.... husband and I spent a wonderful evening of music with the amazing Lea Salonga LIVE on stage at UB's Center for the Arts.

Lea Salonga

When the tickets were first up for sale - I went straight to the ticket office and got the best seats in the house. We were in the orchestra third row from the stage.

Lea Salonga

She started the evening with an extremely moving I've Never Been In Love Before from Guys and Dolls. Everyone around me were sniffing and I know for a fact that my cheeks were wet from tears as well. She has the most beautiful voice ever!! I was pretty much an emotional wreck for a good part of the evening...another favorite moment was when she sang Two Words - a wedding present to her and her husband from two music composer friends of her. Another great moment of the evening was when she sang Orange Colored Sky - which I just could not help but sang-a-long to.

To reminisce, I first learned of Lea Salonga as the singing voice of Princess Jasmine from Disney's Aladdin like everyone else. The next year after that... she released her own self-titled album which I have until today, and I could just recall the days in high school where a bunch of us were just singing to all her songs in her album over recess, sports practice, in the school bus and on the way to choral singing competitions. And that same self-titled album CD of hers, I brought it along with me to her concert last night - met Lea Salonga, had her sign it and husband captured out moment together!

Lea Salonga

Meeting my favorite singer of all time, the wonderful Lea Salonga.

No comments: